Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Two of my most memorable teachers


One of my most memorable teachers is my math teacher from G4 to G6. Although she was very strict with students, she encouraged discussion during the class. Everyone was involved in her classroom. Even those girls who hated math got involved and raised their hands to answer the questions. She aroused me of great interest in math. When I told her my thoughts about a problem, even if it was not perfect, she would encourage me to continue and help me grasp the ideas through her guidance.

The other one was the math teacher from G7 to G9. She was memorable to me because she brought me great pain in learning math. I was so into the teaching methods of my previous teacher that it was a torture for me to listen to her classes. During all her classes, she was copying things from the books and explained it very very slowly. She hoped that by going slow, everyone would understand it. Her classes were all about writing nicely and drawing the perfect circles. Every time she drew a perfect circle, students cheered. She was enjoying that. She also gave out tons of assignments which were just a repetition of basic questions.

By comparing different teachers' teaching methods, I realized the teacher who encourages discussion will encourage students to learn more actively. The teacher who can arouse greatest interest of math from the students will make students learn better. As a teacher, one not only need to teach the materials, but also need to motivate the students to study and make the most out of the learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment