Friday, October 2, 2009

As a Good Teacher,or a Bad Teacher

Dear teacher,

I have been in your math class from G8 to G12. Now I have graduated from high school for 2 years and am taking some math classes in UBC computer science department. I have learned tons of useful skills from your class and understood the solid math ideas. Now I am doing so well in the math class. I am one of the top students in my class right now. While most other students are struggling through the course, I am feeling everything is familiar. It sounds to me that you have gave me those ideas beforehand. For example, in class of linear algebra, most students cannot grab the idea why those matrix are coming from. For me, it is just so natural because you have introduced to us the ideas of matrix from our G12 algebra class. While other students were still wondering why they need to learn linear algebra, I have already known that linear algebra is an essential part of computer graphic. I need to thank you for your wonderful job in teaching not only what math is, but also how math is used in real world.

Danny
A UBC Undergraduate Student


Hi,

I must say I have been through a hard time to learn math. I hope math is easier.

A student


My Hope: I not only teach students math knowledge and skills, but also motivate the students. I let students understand how math is used in the real world.

My Fear: The students might be frighten when they realize the real application of math is so much complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment