Saturday, October 17, 2009

Comment on Freewriting


By writing on a set period of time freely and continuously, free writing allows me to break all the rules and thinks outside the box. Sometimes, I am amazed at what I have written down, which normally I would not think about or would not dare to try. My conscious mind always guides me “This is not right. That is not the way to go”. It shoots down many ideas before new thoughts being fully developed. Especially during the brain storming stage, I am stuck with ideas I don’t like too much. Hence, free writing is a very useful tool for me to use.

However, free writing will inevitably produce a lot of useless information. Sometimes, after pages of writing, I realized I cannot use any of them. Therefore, we need to balance between these two sides of free writing in order to make good use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment